Tips for Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
Driving around Los Angeles can demand a lot on the wallet. But it doesn’t have to. Follow these tips and tricks to optimize your Jaguar vehicle’s MPG, courtesy of Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles.
Before you try to improve your Jaguar vehicle’s MPG, you need to know your current MPG. Calculating your current MPG is straightforward. Simply:
- Fill Up Your Tank
- Set Your Trip Odometer to Zero
- Drive as Usual
- Fill Your Tank
- Calculate efficiency
To calculate your fuel efficiency, simply divide the miles you drove by the fuel you put in your tank. For example, if you drove 200 miles and used 8 gallons of fuel, your average fuel economy is 25 MPG.
Improving Highway MPG
For the long commute between Pasadena and Sherman Oaks, improving fuel economy is essential. Here’s how you do it:
- Roll Up the Windows. Reduce drag and take the strain off your engine by closing the car’s windows.
- Use A/C Sparingly. Let’s face it: Bel Air can get toasty. But if you can stand to turn off the air conditioner, you may save as much as 5 percent in reduced fuel costs.
- Remove Racks. Sure, the bicycle rack looks cool, but it is heavy. Taking the rack off will save weight and gas.
- Slow Down. Obey the posted speed and give your lead foot a break to save on gas.
- Inflate Your Tires. Properly inflated tires save gas and wear. Check the owner’s manual of your Jaguar to determine the accurate PSI range.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to cut your fuel bill and have a little more in your pocket for your next shopping excursion in Beverly Hills.
Improving City MPG
While you’ll likely spend a lot of time on the highway if you travel around California, efficient city driving is important too, especially in areas like Bel Air. Here, even getting to the art gallery can mean spending excessive time in the car:
- Turn it Off. Shutting off the engine when the vehicle is stopped saves gas and wear.
- Be Gentle. Gentle braking and acceleration will save your brakes, your back, and gas too.
- Coast. By taking your foot off the pedal and coasting to a stop, you’ll get more out of that tank of fuel.
- Open the Windows. Turn off the air conditioner and open your car windows to cool off when you can, so your engine doesn’t have to work as hard.
With a few simple tips, you can take advantage of the powerplant of your Jaguar. To learn more, or to take a new Jaguar out for a test drive, contact Hornburg Jaguar of Los Angeles today. To keep your Jaguar running smoothly for a long time to come, check out our top 10 maintenance tips every driver should know.
Related Posts from Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles
Contact Us How Does Jaguar Dynamic All-Wheel Drive Work? Looking for a luxury car or SUV near West Hollywood with responsive, athletic performance and great traction? No matter the weather – whether in smoggy Los Angeles heat, or heading up north to a colder climate – you’ll still want to check out the Jaguar SUVs, sedans, and…
The 2019 Jaguar I-PACE is an all-new, all-electric SUV for sale right now near Bel Air at Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles. In addition to its impressive driving range and Dynamic AWD system, you’ll find an abundance of features inside the cabin. Learn more about the 2019 Jaguar I-PACE at our West Hollywood dealership, then find out what…
The redesigned Jaguar XE is here, starting at $39,900 MSRP. This starting price will get you standard features like the 10-inch Jaguar InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment system, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto, plenty of safety features, and split-folding rear seats for extra cargo space. Learn more about the 2020 Jaguar XE price options below, then…