How Do I Change My Oil?
If you’re driving one of the new Jaguar models around Beverly Hills, then you know that routine oil changes are vital for the longevity of your vehicle. Jaguar vehicles require manufacturer-approved synthetic blends, but some DIY Los Angeles drivers are willing to get their hands dirty to perform their own oil change. Learn more at Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles in West Hollywood, CA.
How to Do an Oil Change on Your Jaguar
- Get the right kind of oil. – Jaguar produces finely-tuned machines that require premium fluids, including designated and manufacturer-approved synthetic blends. Make sure you have the right oil for your make, model, year, and engine type.
- Gather your supplies. – In order to perform an oil change, you’ll need a box end or socket wrench, an oil filter wrench, an oil pan, gloves, a funnel, a car jack and jack stands, a new oil filter, and a replacement drain plug washer.
- Let the car sit for a few minutes. – Wait until the engine is warm but not hot.
- Drain the oil. – Find the drain plug and unscrew it with a wrench, making sure the oil pan is underneath it. Once it’s drained, use the new drain plug washer to close the plug.
- Change the oil filter. – Remove the old oil filter and insert the new oil filter.
- Add new oil. – Pop the hood and put new oil into the oil tank, making double sure you have the right oil before starting. Let it sit for a minute and then use the dipstick to make sure the oil level is at “full”.
- Good to go! – Close the hood and start up the engine. You’re ready to go to your favorite tennis court or brunch spot!
Where Can I Get an Oil Change Near Me?
Although we’ve just given you the basics to an oil change, you may not feel comfortable changing the oil on your Jaguar yourself. So, you’ll want to rely on the experts at Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles. There are many reasons that luxury car drivers in Los Angeles choose to service their car at Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles. If you would rather leave it to our certified technicians than perform your own oil change, then schedule service online or contact us for further oil change questions.
Related Posts from Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles
Contact Us How Does Jaguar Dynamic All-Wheel Drive Work? Looking for a luxury car or SUV near West Hollywood with responsive, athletic performance and great traction? No matter the weather – whether in smoggy Los Angeles heat, or heading up north to a colder climate – you’ll still want to check out the Jaguar SUVs, sedans, and…
The 2019 Jaguar I-PACE is an all-new, all-electric SUV for sale right now near Bel Air at Hornburg Jaguar Los Angeles. In addition to its impressive driving range and Dynamic AWD system, you’ll find an abundance of features inside the cabin. Learn more about the 2019 Jaguar I-PACE at our West Hollywood dealership, then find out what…
The redesigned Jaguar XE is here, starting at $39,900 MSRP. This starting price will get you standard features like the 10-inch Jaguar InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment system, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto, plenty of safety features, and split-folding rear seats for extra cargo space. Learn more about the 2020 Jaguar XE price options below, then…